Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Last day in Deutschland

The last 24 hours has been pretty eventful. Shelby and I weren't able to get money out of the ATM and most food places at the station would only take cash. I scrounged all change I had in my purse and returned a bottle at the front desk (one plastic water bottle has a ,50€ deposit). I was able to buy a beer and a burger for a total of 3,40€ and had ,16€ to spare. Success.

Today we went on a four hour walking tour of the city. We got to speak English all day which is always exciting. The tour took us to a lot of historical spots. We got to learn a bit about Hitler, and learned more about King Ludwig and King Ludwig II. We learned that when King Ludwig got married he had a big celebration with lots of food, beer, and music. The people had such a good time that they had another celebration the year to follow, and every year to follow since.... Oktoberfest!

Now we are back from our tour and pretty exhausted. Tonight we have to pack and get ready for our trip to Austria tomorrow.

2 comments: