Good Afternoon from the road,
We are in the middle of our journey from the Netherlands to Belgium. It has been a great few days. The end of last week we spent in Nice, France which was an extremely nice break from our busy travel schedules. We had two nights there, so we basically just had one full day to spend there. Our first night we stayed in e neighborhood and ate dinner at a wonderful Lebanese restaurant where I had surprisingly good barbecued sheep.
The next day we spent downtown exploring the Old Town and spent a good 4 or 5 hours on the beach. The water was a comfortable temperature and it was just so blue and beautiful. Every time I opened my eyes I couldn't help but smile. We chatted for a while with a family from Melbourne, and just enjoyed a day of relaxation and beautiful weather.
The next morning we had to leave the hostel around 5 in the morning to catch an early train. It's was by far the longest travel day we have had since being in Europe. We took a train from Nice to Marseilles, Marseilles to Brussels, Brussels to Antwerp, Antwerp to Rotterdam, Rotterdam Amsterdam, and finally a tram from Amsterdam to get outside of the city where we were staying. All in al it took a good 13 hours.
Now we are on our way to Brussels just for one night. We plan to go to a bar that we have been highly recommended to visit with beer from all over the world that stocks over 4,000 beers on tap. We also hope to be able to look around the city and get some Belgium waffles because we haven't yet had any on our travels through Belgium.
After Belgium we have two nights booked in a hotel near CDG to make it a little easier on us the day we leave. We are looking forward to visiting the Eiffel Tower and putting locks on the bridge.
And then we make the journey home at the end of the week.
I'm looking forward to going home but it will definitely be hard to go, it doesn't seem like I have been on the road for a month because I find a spot that feels like home in every place i go.Wen you're traveling your friends feel like family because you have no one but those you meet on your journey, and even with goodbyes everyone you meet leaves a lasting impact, sometimes small and sometimes large.
I will see you all soon.


So awesome! See you soon.
ReplyDeleteThis has been an amazing journey for you...and for all of us as well, seen and shared thru your eyes, your pics and posts. Thank you so much! Enjoy the final leg of this journey....and we can't wait to see you back home in the good ole USA!!
ReplyDeleteBBQ sheep. I can't believe it! You certainly have expanded your horizons! I am very proud of you Jenn... you are one courageous young woman! Love, love, love.
ReplyDelete